Cataanda J

Cataanda J
Cateyez!!!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Sharing the Gift of Beauty!


Hey and Welcome to Cataanda J's World where "Beauty Is My Mission"!!!

Ok so, of course I have to tell the story of how I first started this journey to BEAUTY!!!

At the age of 3, yes THREE ;-)I was a lil' diva-fashionista-beautyologist in the making. I had a SUPER-sized interest in fashion and a trip to Jacobson’s Department Store was my ideal of fun. Dressing up and striking a pose was my favorite past time, and by the age of 5 I was modeling for my favorite store in the Jacobson’s Back to School Fashion Show. I remember that day just like it was yesterday! I took initiative, styled my own outfits, applied my own makeup and chose exactly which mini motorized car I would drive, ALL on my own. And YES, it was a red convertible sports car!!! *giggle* I did it all so well, EVERYONE was AMAZED...

Between the ages of 6 and 9, I continued to develop my craft. Whenever my mother had a special occasion, believe it or not, I was her "personal makeup artist". This is when the passion flourished. I was fascinated with the eyes...I loved applying eye shadow. Today, the focal point of the face I paint is the eyes, which has become my signature "Cat-Eyez".

At the age of 8, I unveiled yet another talent. I would occasionally attend Beauty School with my mother. I had always played dress up with my dolls, and would braid their hair. Well the day I got my hands on a mannequin for the first time was like "doll" heaven! A life sized head was all I ever wished for! The finished looks I created would explain my skills as a cosmetologist today. Once again, everyone was astonished by my abilities at such a young age. I'd always hear them say...this chile is gifted!!! Of course back then I was clueless as to what that really meant. I was my mother's lil' assistant and I continued to develop many skills; and after a while I began to build my very own clientele! My grandmother was my very 1st LIVE client! LOL Eventually I took over my "mother's book", as she changed careers, I was now on the path to Beautyland.....

From my preteen years through now, the passion has intensified and BEAUTY is my life!!! I have incorporated etiquette, fashion, make-up artistry, and hairstyling in my everyday lifestyle as well as in my career. I have been very blessed to work amongst some of the best in the industry and for some of the top beauty companies in the world! I'd like to invite you to continue this journey with me into Cataanda J's World, as I continue on this quest to "Sharing the Gift of Beauty"!!! I have so much more to do, experience, and to love- so many places to go, people to bless, and smiles to influence! I am going to the next level and I'd like to take you with me....

No comments:

Post a Comment